Data Warehousing brings silos of information together so business communities within an organization have a common view of their data. An organization's ability to capture data scattered across disparate sources and transform it into enterprise information within a data warehouse enhances business intelligence for more effective decision-making.
Our company provides services for the following types of data warehousing activities:
- Data Warehouse Planning
- Data Modeling
- Data Warehouse Build
- Data Integration (Extract, Transform, and Load)
PCN Strategies data warehouse solutions are customized to meet client needs for data marts, department data warehouses, and enterprise data warehouses. PCN Strategies has expertise in building large (multi terabyte), central repositories of information that integrate data from various source systems.
PCN Strategies utilizes its proprietary methodology, The PCN Guide, to provide a structured, yet flexible approach to data warehousing solutions by incorporating proven best practices and lessons learned from successful implementations. In fact, PCN Guide which includes processes, procedures, templates, and examples, was highlighted as a best practice at recent Oracle BI and Business Objects user conferences.
Key BI Guide principles include:
- Quick Time To Deliver — aim to provide clients a “Quick Win” (usually 90-120 days per phase) so users quickly realize benefits, which applying lessons learned in futures phases
- User Involvement — engage the user community from the get-go and present a prototype they can “touch and see” early in the development lifecycle
- Allow Evolving Requirements — business users can identify many requirements, but once they review and interpret data across departments, they may quickly think of additional meta-data requirements
We also incorporate best practices and tools that differentiate us from the competition:
- Estimation Models — dynamic calculation engine that determines level of effort based upon input criteria
- Interview Best Practices — requirements gathering tool containing over 100 questions that should be asked
- Measures-to-Dimension Worksheet — requirements gathering tool for collecting data requirements